March 1, 2022 Council Meeting
Council is scheduled to hold a Regular Council Meeting on Tuesday, March 1, 2022. Although the agenda is posted in full on Douro Dummer Township's website, I have highlighted some of the items here.
What's on the Douro Dummer Council Agenda
- Delegation - Community Safety & Well-being Plan - Chris Kawalec will be providing an update on the work that has been done on this initiative. The purpose is to make Peterborough City and County a place where everyone is safe, included and part of a community. They are working with numerous partners in new ways to address safety and well-being issues through programs and services available to residents.
- Delegation - Environment Council of Clear, Stoney and White Lakes - This is follow up presentation to the delegation received at Council on February 15 by Rob Little and Lois Wallace. The Environment Council is raising concerns about lakefront and shoreline development.
- Amendments to Protocol for Radio and Telecommunications Facilities - This is a follow up as a result of Rogers Application to erect a tower in Dummer Ward.
- Deeming By-Law - A request is coming forward to deem a lot on Hamilton Drive as not being part of an adjacent subdivision plan which would allow the owner of both properties to merge the two parcels together.
- By-law Update of the use of Corporate Resources for Election Purposes - Some housekeeping to better align the procedures in the municipality with current federal and provincial legislation.
There are a few other housekeeping matters and correspondence on the agenda as well. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 5:00 pm and will be live streamed o the Township's YouTube Channel and will be available after the meeting for watching.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns about these or other issues please do not hesitate to contact me.