Arenas Committee & Procedural By-Law Before Douro Dummer Council
Douro Dummer Council is once again set to meet at our regular Council meeting on May 3, 2022. The full agenda is available on the Township website but here are are few highlights.
- Items for Information and Consideration
- Quarterly Garbage Report - Overall YTD curbside tonnage is down from last year thanks to the ongoing efforts of the community to divert waste.
- 2022 is Year of the Garden - The Canadian Garden Council is inviting Canadian's to join and "Live the Garden Life" and are requesting that we proclaim this year as "Year of the Garden"
- Building Safety Month - The Ontario Building Association is requesting that we proclaim May as Building Safety Month to remind the public about the importance of safety in our homes, buildings and infrastructure.
- Presentation from Otonabee Region Conservation Authority - Dan Marinigh, CAO will be in to present ORCA's Annual Report.
- Approval for a new tractor for the Recreation Department - This was approved in our budget and after staff put it to tender it has come in below budget. As such, they are recommending that one is purchased from Callaghan Farm Supplies.
- Arena Facilities Ad-Hoc Committee Terms of Reference - At our April 19 Council meeting I raised a motion that we create a working group to consider how to upgrade our arena facilities as requested by Douro Minor Hockey. Staff are now presenting a Draft Terms of Reference to be approved by Council and requesting that Council choose a member to sit on the committee.
- Procedural By-Law Approval - After Council approving a new Procedural By-Law in the winter, concerns were raised and it was decided to revisit this at Committee of the Whole. Some changes were recommended by Committee and the new Draft is coming to Council for approval.
- Correspondence Items Include:
- Consultation on Floating Accommodations
- Notice of County Offical Plan Public Meeting to be held May 18, 2022
- Request to use Douro Arena for a Kraft Hockeyville event on May 7
Please note that this is just a highlight of some of the items on the agenda. The full agenda is available on the Township website. The meeting will start at 5:00 p.m. and livestreamed through YouTube. Of course it will be available on the YouTube Channel to watch any time.