Douro Dummer Arenas are on the April 19, 2022 Council Agenda
Douro Dummer Council is once again set to meet at our regular Council meeting on April 19, 2022. The full agenda is available on the Township website but here are are few highlights.
- Warsaw Arena Chiller Replacement - In December there was a critical failure of the chiller unit causing damage to the floor. The repair and replacement costs were estimated to be roughly $135,000 however all but $10,000 will be covered through insurance. Insurance will also be covering the loss of revenue during the closure.
- Purchase of New Bunker Gear - Due to some recent hiring initiatives within our Fire Department, staff are requesting $8,500 to purchase three additional sets of gear.
- Municipal Office Lower Level Renovations - Council are being asked to award an RFP to Tom's Contracting to renovate the lower level of the municipal building to accommodate staff. This was an item budgeted for in the 2022 budget.
- Land Lease Agreements - Staff are recommending that the township renew a number of land leases for pasture and waterfront access.
- Facility Rental Fees - Staff a proposing a number of fee changes to simplify the rental process and align with other facility fees
- Letter from Douro Minor Hockey requesting a long term plan to expand and develop Douro Community Centre
The meeting will start at 5:00 p.m. and livestreamed through YouTube. Of course it will be available on the YouTube Channel to watch any time.